Latter-day Learning Conference Will Be Here Next Month
American Heritage School is pleased to announce The First Annual Latter-day Learning Conference – 26 & 27 April, 2013.
Mark your calendars for this wonderful event.
Saturday, April 27, 2013 ~ Adult and Youth Classes ~ 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday, April 27, 2013 ~ Family Hoedown ~ 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Friday, April 26, 2013 ~ Family Field-Day ~ 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Academics are tools that a loving Heavenly Father can use to talk to His children, and while children are young, parents are the gatekeepers to this communication. We desire to share the best of 43 years of resources, philosophy, and methodology centered on laying Christ at the foundation of all curricular studies. Regardless of where your children learn (home, public, private, charter), we hope you’ll join us as we learn together how a Christ-centered and character-based education can enlighten learning, deepen faith, and broaden understanding. Indeed, every home is a homeschool!
We hope to see you at this truly unique conference, filled with rich instruction, family fun, and new found friendships, including:
- Extensive practical presentations on educating in the home
- Rich and applicable instruction from some of the very best in the “Principle Approach” methodology and philosophy used at American Heritage School and in The Family School curriculum
- Classes and activities for the whole family including youth (12+) and adult specific tracks
- Free conference-run consignment station where we will sell your no-longer-used curriculum and resources for you during the conference
- Family Hoedown
- A Friday Family Festival including 5K fun run, BBQ picnic, and lots of fun games, field races, prizes, and healthy treats
- Uplifting and entertaining multimedia production of Family Is The Cure by the Winters family
- Two-day conference-only discount on The Family School—Year 1 and Year 2 curriculum
- Option to stay with a host family of American Heritage School if traveling from outside Utah County
Three Ways to Register:
2. Register by Phone: 801-450-5016
(When calling, be prepared to provide name(s) of registrant(s), which session(s) you are registering for, contact info, and credit card info)
3. Register by Mail, with this form: 2013 LDL Conference Mail-in Registration Form
American Heritage School
736 North 1100 East
American Fork, Utah 84003
Discounted rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the American Fork Holiday Inn Express for the nights of April 25, 26 and 27. Click HERE for the discount reservation page. Rates start at $89 per night.
Would you like to economize on your conference lodging while meeting new friends? When coming to the Latter-day Learning conference, you have the option to lodge with a local family.
All lodging arrangements are made independently between the attendees and the host families. American Heritage School and the Latter-day Learning Conference assume no responsibility for these arrangements, but will facilitate connections through the Latter-day Learning Network. Transportation not included.
Check back soon for a link to host family network.